A Father's Day One Day 5v5!!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
March 10, 2014
After 32 years of hosting a Father's Day Tournament in Avon Lake, we have decided to adapt to the changing soccer landscape and offer something new and exciting. We hope you'll agree.
We have heard concerns of coaches that have a tough time fielding an 11v11 (or even 8v8) team at the end of traditional spring seasons. Summer breaks are upon us and it' a challenge.
We have heard concerns of parents that are reluctant to spend their Father's Day Sunday (after many other Sundays) on the soccer field.
And we have heard concerns of younger teams that perhaps have been doing academy training all spring and would love an end of year tournament to test their skills for kids U8 and below.
We hear you and see ourselves the challenges...so we have changed. We hope you'll agree the below will be a fast paced, fun, and rewarding soccer weekend. Please feel free to review the tournament rules uploaded on the website but below are some highlights.
* All age divisions will play 5v5 small-sided games on appropriately sized fields.
* Guarantee of 3 games minimum.
* Unless team registrations dictate otherwise - all games will be on Saturday only - and scheduling will strive to ensure you are in and done in roughly 1/2 day (i.e., morning, afternoon sessions).
* For the first time...U9 teams will play for a Championship.
* Flexible tournament rosters...don't have enough from an existing league roster; all that's needed is a roster downloaded from tournament website and proof of player age.
* And all for a much cheaper price than most tournaments - only $175.
And best of all, it's a great place to spend a summer day playing soccer - on the shores of Lake Erie in beautiful Avon Lake.
We hope you'll enjoy the new and improved Avon Lake Father's Day Five-a-Side!
-Avon Lake Tournament Committee
^ Back to the top